I'm sure many of you know at this point that I've recently lost just over three stones - and I do keep getting asked how. Well I lost about half a stone myself, then joined Sliming World last year. I really can't recommend it highly enough. I've been lucky enough to join a super-friendly group as well so I've made friends as well as both losing weight and getting a LOT healthier. I still have a way to go but my GP has confirmed that I've already gone from pre-diabetic to not at all.
Anyway, I've recently been playing around with baked oats recipes, and whittled down my own recipe out of it. Yes, you can eat cake for breakfast on SW.
It takes minutes to make this, it's so worthwhile. This recipe uses your Healthy Extra B on the oats, and one dessert spoon of Maple Syrup at two syns (on the app it's listed as two syns for a tablespoon/half a syn for a teaspoon).
- Turn the oven on to 190c/Gas 6-ish
- grease a little oven proof dish (measurements of mine tbc after it's been through the dishwasher) in the least syn-ful way possible - a tiny bit of low fat spread or spray oil will do. If you've used enough to mark it down as half or one syn then do that.
Throw these things in a mixing bowl (serves one):
- 40g oatbran*
- a glug (a tsp-ish) of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 heaped tsp of Splenda powder
- 1 large egg
- 100g/most of a pot of Müllerlight fat free vanilla yoghurt (keep the rest)
Whisk until it's as smooth as it can be (it only takes about 30 seconds).
Pour it into the oven-proof dish and bake for half an hour. Your oven might need a little longer or less so do check on it if it's your first go. The top should be pretty golden-looking. If you have a skewer then stab it - your skewer should come out sticky but not wet.
Once out of the oven: drizzle a dessert spoon of maple syrup over the top, and serve it with strawberries and the rest of the vanilla Müllerlight. And there you have it - CAKE for breakfast.