This is exactly the kind of rose I had in mind when I designed my Rambling Rose colourway; several years ago now. It's not in my garden but once I do start on it I will want something like this. It's just so pretty.

One of my dye pigments has recently significantly changed - without warning from the manufacturer. I just noticed the first time I used it. So over the past couple of months I've had to tweak loads of my recipes, and that includes Rambling Rose, because although it may look like a simple pink it's actually a fairly complex mix of pigments that I've put together to achieve *exactly* the shade I wanted. Most of my shades are surprisingly complex - I build them up from just a handful of primary colours plus a couple others, so every single one has to be mixed (by me). It's part of the magic of the job, for me. 😃


Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published